05 January 2014

A few words of gratitude

The project I am describing in this blog would not have been possible without the support and inspiration of many people. Because of this, an official “thank you” is more than in order. I hope you will not mind too much me taking few lines to do this. ;)

I would like to thank the Lord Rootes Memorial Fund for their trust in the project and the award that made it feasible. Also, to Dr Toni Haastrup for her academic reference and an invaluable advice, both on the project and throughout the Masters year. To Jakub Lasota, Isabel Ferrer Molina and Matthew Richards for their kind references and the support that cannot be overestimated.

To my parents, Krystyna and Grzegorz, for their efforts that have allowed me to carry on with both my studies at Warwick and the project presented here. To my brothers: Łukasz, for the unwavering support in times of need, and Tomasz, for the brilliant feedback on my initial project application. Also, to my aunt Elżbieta for her simple yet extraordinary help with the practical preparation for the expedition.

To friends and people of good will that I have come across before and during the expedition. Without meeting you, whether it was a discussion that we had, a supportive smile that we exchanged, the value of human kindness and companionship that you showed me, a life-saving car lift to Lourdes that I was offered, a diagnosis on my injured leg or an advice on how to continue on the coming 550 kilometres, without each and every one of these, and more, my experience of a pilgrimage would not have been the same. Thank you whether you are in Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, the United States or Ukraine.

Finally, to all of you reading this blog for the effort you make. Without it, I would definitely not have that much motivation to go on publishing new posts. ;) Also, for the smile caused by a quick glimpse at the statistics. ;)

A small gift for all of you:



Photos: The Pyrenees, a view from the Camino de Santiago and Galicia, the Camino de Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment